How many of you have heard from your friends commenting on the food’s taste and appearance of their company instead of food safety and hygiene? Comparatively few, right? Corporate food solutions is a guide to all the food safety worries.
It’s seldom that people notice food quality control at their company premises which hold to be the most important aspect of a corporate entity.
The importance of food quality check in the corporates cannot be neglected which is trusted by thousands of employees on regular basis. On an average, the employees spend 9 to 10 hours in the office where majority depend on the food served by the cafeterias. Also, the areas in and around are explored by the employees for their needs. Thus, implementing corporate food solutions becomes mandatory for a company to grow.
The benefits that good food practices in the cafeterias offer are the availability of fresh and nutritive food, satisfied employees and reduction of food-borne diseases in the organisation.
The reports of employees from different companies state that the food services are not satisfactory, there has been a considerable presence of pests and employees on a larger scale have been affected by foodborne diseases. Corporate food solutions area necessity to reach the desired goals.
However, there are companies who provide hygiene canteen food, snacking options and cafeterias, the fact that various risks are associated with corporate cafeterias cannot be denied.
Here are the risks associated with cafeteria food:
1. The absence of food vendors knowing food hygiene techniques – Majority of food vendors practice food hygiene techniques that are not conducive to the health of employees. This affects the overall food preparation and causes illness among employees
2. Improper food handling techniques– There are high probabilities that the entire food staff would be practicing improper food handling techniques. This leads to the infection caused by the microorganisms and consequent diseases
3. Lack of knowledge of FSSAI Standards & Regulations– It is vital for all the food vendors to comply and follow all the regulations laid down by FSSAI. But unfortunately, many vendors are deprived of the formalities required to follow and end up doing unethical practices
4. Neglecting the importance of FSMS (Food Safety Management System)– Every company should follow an FSMS plan just like company profit plans. It is equally important to meet the food safety requirements of the organisation and satisfy employee needs. A well-organised plan will help achieve food safety and hygiene goals
5. Storage Of perishable food products– All corporate food solutions should include cafeterias should ensuring efficient storage systems for perishable food which adjusts with the current temperatures
6. Food and Water testing– If the company does not undergo a timely check of water and food testing, corporate food solutions are deemed to be low. Impure water and food material used in the preparation of food can lead to foodborne diseases. Food and water testing prevents unnecessary consequences and ensures food and water quality
7. Adulteration– Adulteration levels are on increase. This remains to be a bigger risk as staple food products are adulterated like oil, fruits, milk etc. Chemicals are added to the fruits, colour additives, water to the milk and so on. Corporates food solutions comprise such practices which should be warned and put an end to it soon
8. Third-party vendors– It is necessary to examine whether the food materials brought by the third party vendor are safe and hygienic or not.If they do not comply with the standards of FSSAI, it will lead to food contamination and no more be corporate food solutions
9. Potable water consumption– The food vendors employed are liable to use potable water in the company cafeterias for cooking. Also, the water made available for drinking should be potable, pure and rich in nutrients. Impure water leads to several infections and diseases
10. Neglection of Food Recall Procedure– Every Corporate Entity should never prolong the food recall procedures. Food recalls is the rejection of certain products which are not fit for consumption and should be sent back. This results in the accumulation of food and loss of storage spaces. Also, if these foods are consumed it will affect employee’s health
11. Availability of Nutritious Food– On keeping HFSS foods( High on fats, sugar, and salts) in the cafeterias for mass consumption, it will lead to diseases like hypertension, obesity, cholesterol problems and so on. These foods are addictive and offer to be a quick snacking option for all the employees
12. Increase in foodborne diseases– All the above factors are conducive to give a rise to the foodborne diseases in the premises. The spread of infection affects the employees on a large scale which will hamper the company’s growth
13. Improper & Unhygienic Kitchens– The most important space of a cafeteria are the kitchens. Untidy and dirty kitchen platforms are the main cause of food contamination leading to several outbursts of diseases. Insects like the mosquitoes, flies, lizards, rats, and cockroaches are the most commonly found in the cooking areas. Cor[porate food solution of following the above things will help in a long way
14. Ventilation– If the impure air in the kitchen is not let out with the help of exhaust fans, it will definitely affect the food and food products. It is directly proportional to the quality of food
These are all the consequences and the risks that can affect the food quality control in the corporate cafeterias. However, with necessary precautionary measures, the company can overcome such issues and assure food safety and hygiene
The following are the corporate food solutions which will lead to food safety and hygiene.
1. Basic hygiene training and audit training should be deployed to all the food handlers, food vendors, and third-party vendors. The training should be scheduled prior so all can attend and get educated on the corporate food solutions
2. Corporates food solutions should include Fostac training to all the food handlers for maintaining food safety standards and implementing the recent techniques. Also, it should be seen that the comply with its standards for a better food quality control
3. Ensuring that the food vendors employed in the organisation are FSSAI licensed and registered. This is an indication that they are legal food vendors and comply with FSSAI standards and regulations
4. Preparing and Implementing an FSMS (Food Safety Management System) plan on a timely basis which will ensure food safety and quality assurance and hold to be the best corporate food solutions
5. Providing training qand food quality control courses to the manufacturers on the primary and secondary aspects of pre and post production of food
6. Food quality check by a NABL Accredited Lab at least twice a year to keep a tab if the corporate food solutions are on track or not
7. Presence of any adulteration in food products like milk, oil, sugar etc can help prevent the spread of diseases. Register for complete vendor management programme from a certified lab and/or an FSSAI compliance consultancy to ensure third-party vendors comply with basic hygiene practices. Food quality check is of utmost importance
8. Mandatory Swob analysis to examine the microorganisms present and preventing it from spreading and contaminating food results in implying the corporate food solutions
9. Organising Employee and Handlers Training and food quality control courses on the importance of nutritive food and emphasis on the preparation of healthy hygienic food in the premises
10. Conducting employee survey of food-related disorders that they might be facing and take safety measures constitutes the best corporate food solution
11. Examining if the food preparation areas are ventilated with adequate storage facilities like proper humidity, required temperatures and cold storages as needed by the food products
12. Last but not the least, maintaining washed, cleaned, sanitised and hygienic crockery in the preparation and serving of food will boost food quality control
The perks of following the above corporate food solutions are as follows:
1. Employee satisfaction
2. Lower absenteeism
3. Meeting the project deadlines
4. A gradual increase in the productivity
5. Positive impact on the Brand Equity of the company
These are the possible precautions, corporate food solutions and the benefits of implementing food safety by corporate entities to achieve food safety goals. The sooner corporates implement corporate food solutions, the sooner are the results.
For more such food-related queries, we are here to assist you in several ways.
Remember, we are just a call away.
For Desktop Users: Click Here
For Mobile Users: Click Here
For a free Consultation: Click Here