Cafeterias in Corporate Companies are bound to be flooded with employees for several reasons. They cab be either occupied with the work or for their lunch breaks. A major chunk of employees rely on the cafeterias for meals. So the importance of having a hygienic environment cannot be undrmined.
Now just imagine if the corporate cafeteria doesn’t match to the picture that one has created in their minds?? Unclean floors, contaminated water dispensers, sticky bad odor, and no ventilation??? Doesn’t sound appealing!!!
We provide you with 15 Rules for Best Hygiene Practices for your company cafeteria. Make sure if your company is been doing the following things right!
- First and foremost, always have the ‘FSSAI Licensed’ board at the entrance of the cafeteria and make sure everyone can have an easy look at it. It’s important to inform your employees that the food prepared and supplied in the cafeteria is checked and approved by FSSAI. This ensures trust and confidence in the employees
- The cutlery such as plates, spoons, forks, and bowls should be properly cleaned every day and kept on clean surfaces. Tissue papers and sanitizers are provided for employee use
- The ambiance of the canteen areas should not be dull and gloomy. The seating arrangements should be done right so that employees can sit comfortably
- Dustbins should be placed at the corner areas and should be cleaned and unloaded regularly
- The washrooms must not be exactly near the cafeteria. It should be constructed at a proper distance
- The signboards such as ‘Don’t waste food’ can be placed in the cafeterias to warn the employes to not waste the food
- Water purifiers, dispensers, tea and coffee machines must be cleaned regularly as it can spread diseases
- The company must ensure ventilation in the cafeterias as employees can feel smothered
- The veg and the nonveg counters can be separate so as to avoid cross-contamination of food
- Pest Control is done in the cafeteria periodically so as to avoid any food outbreak in the organization
- The house-keeping personnel is entitled to clean the floors, sinks and the tables frequently
- The lights in the cafeteria should be such that the food eaten can be seen and the other contaminants
- Water Testing must be done at least twice a year
- Ensure the indoor air quality in the cafeterias is maintained at a decent level
- Food Testing is mandatory to be done before offering a new food product to the employees
The above rules are a must to all the Companies which are trying to ensure the trust and confidence in the employees and want to offer the best services. We hope you have been practicing the same and if not, start implementing it right now. This will lead to greater productivity and earn you huge profits.
To know more or if you have any queries, click on the link below: